Mission & Vision
The SBC College Library fosters a community of learning that leads to high academic achievement, productive individuals, independent reading and learning, and collaboration throughout the school and outside community.
The mission of SBC College Library is to ensure that students, faculty, staff and community have access to knowledge in both print and digital formats thus, promote life-long learners.
This mission directs the school library personnel to:
- Provide a program that is fully integrated into the school's curriculum and is central to the learning process.
- Afford access to a variety of information representing a wide range of subjects and difficulty levels.
- Impart learning experiences that encourage users to become discriminating consumers, skilled creators of information, and lifelong learners.
- Promote the enjoyment of reading, listening, and viewing for users.
- Facilitate leadership, instruction, and consulting assistance in the design of learning strategies and the use of information for effective teaching and learning.
- Participate in partnerships, including network that provides access information outside the school.